Careers at Syntax
Syntax Integration is a fast growing organisation and we are always on the lookout for skilled, talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our existing team in London.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent training opportunities and long term career progression in a stable company.
If you are interested in an IT job in London, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on
020 7307 5000.
Current Vacancies 23/09/2015
IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER LEVEL 2
- Acting as single point of contact for users, logging and managing all calls, emails and web tickets within SLA
- Ensuring incoming requests are logged in the Autotask Ticketing System accurately and that sufficient information is recorded
- Using analytical skills to investigate and resolve incidents/ service requests and travel to customers site if the problem cannot be resolved remotely
- Backfill on site engineers at customers’ site
- Using remote support and systems administration toolsets
- Respond to customer request and queries via telephone, email and web tickets understanding the importance of a quick response.
- Utilize ticketing system to log Incidents and Service Requests received
- Maintain high levels of professionalism and excellent customer care at all times
- Ticket Recording (Service Request, Incident, Problem, Request for Change)
- Ensure comprehensive details of end-user and nature of Incident/Service Request are clearly documented.
- Refer to outstanding tickets for customer to ensure not a duplicate request.
- Conduct initial ‘triage’ troubleshooting.
- Ensure that all troubleshooting steps undertaken are clearly updated in ticket.
- Ensure correct priority and classification assigned to ticket.
- Refer to any relevant problem tickets or pending tickets which may facilitate a ‘Work-Around’ or resolution.
- Provide support for end-users as required and in line with customer contractual Service Level Agreement.
- For Service Request, ensure correct customer approval process has been adhered to.
- Utilize secure remote management and diagnostic tools to resolve end-user issues.
- Liaise with Syntax L3 Teams and third party suppliers to facilitate fix, when necessary.
- Keep Incidents and Problems fully updated in the ticketing system, including all diagnostic steps taken and records of updates provided to customer.
- Keep an accurate record of time spent on ticket.
- Ensure that end-user is ‘happy to close the call’ before closure of ticket and keep end-user updated as per contractual SLAs.
- Proactive and reactive management of customer issues within defined escalation procedures until resolution.
- Initiate the logging of problem tickets in line with defined process.
- Search for ‘Work Around’, updating relevant problem ticket.
- Utilize, update and monitor reported problems ensuring relevant information fed into Autotask Knowledge Base
- Ensure end-user is kept updated on the progress of their ticket to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is consistently maintained
- Administration of customer documentation and updates
- Windows Server (2003, 2008 and 2012)
- Active Directory/Group Policy/DFS
- DNS, DDNS, WINS, DHCP, RADIUS/IAS, LDAP
- MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013/
- Windows Smart Business Server/ 2008/ 2012 WSUS general knowledge
- MS Office 365 (Exchange, Lync and SharePoint)
- Blackberry Enterprise Server and Cloud,
- General knowledge and troubleshooting on smart phones: iPhone, Android
- RSA 2 Factor Authentication Data Encryption- Becrypt, McAffee
- HP/Dell/IBM/ Lenovo Desktops/Laptops
- General knowledge of CISCO routers and switches
- General knowledge of firewalls, i.e. Cisco, SonicWALL, etc.
- Proficient in managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Products
- Printer and Print Server management
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Antivirus products (McAfee, Symantec)
- File and folder security management
- Backup restore, backup exec, CommVault
- Option Autotask Ticketing system Kaseya Systems and Servers Monitoring Platform
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Experience of working on an IT Service Desk or similar IT Support function Appreciation of ITIL Service Management disciplines, i.e. Incident, Problem and Change and Management Experience of liaising with 3rd party suppliers Excellent communicator- particularly on the telephone
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent customer care skills
- Professional manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow internal and external procedures and policies
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organized and ability to multi- task