Syntax Cloud Backup for Office 365
While Microsoft Office 365 guarantees 99.9% availability against hardware failure, it offers no protection of against data loss through user error or malicious attacks.
Approximately 75% of data loss is caused by user error, and that is why Microsoft recommend third-party backup services to maintain the integrity of business data, and mitigate the risk of data loss.
Syntax Cloud Backup ensures you have all your Microsoft Office 365 data when you need it.
Many organisations are required to maintain strict email and data retention regulations, were failure to comply can lead to fines. Having your own backup ensures you can comply with regulations regardless of your Office 365 plan.
Office 365 maximum liability in terms of service is $5,000.00 or your last 12 months subscription should something happen to your data, assuming its Microsoft’s fault. The actual cost of data loss is potentially unlimited, so it is best practice to keep a backup copy of your Office 365 data.
3. Audit rights
Office 365 gives you no audit rights. This is problematic, if as part of an audit, you are required to show the physical location of your data. Syntax Cloud Backup provides a backup copy of your Office 365 data in our UK datacentre which you are able to audit.
4. Ease of change or exit
Having all your Office 365 data in the Microsoft cloud means you are dependent on Microsoft. If you want to change vendor or keep your options open, having a backup copy will make it easier to migrate to another vendor’s service.
- Schedule automatic point in time backups of your data in key Office 365 services including Exchange Online (email, attachments, calendars, contacts, tasks), SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Data is de-duplicated, compressed and encrypted and stored to our secure private cloud
- Syntax will help you define backup rules for complete flexibility and to match your specific retention policy
- Apply different levels of protection for groups of Office 365 users with custom backup sets
Syntax Cloud Backup Technical information
- Agentless service from Cloud to Cloud
- Based on the Asigra V13.0 cloud platform, recognised as leading technology for enterprise cloud backup and recovery
- Hardware agnostic
- NIST FIPS 140-2 Certified
- AES 256 Encryption both in rest and in-flight